5th ANNUAL AGRI-BIOTECH INDIA SUMMIT 2021
The Indian Agriculture sector is one of the largest in the world and one of the major contributors to the nation's GDP. This sector is faced with some tough challenges such as reducing land resources, increasing consumer demands for improved food quality and safety, unpredictable weather conditions, clubbed with increasing biotic stress, international competition and have caused a choking effect on the industry.
Biotechnology has been used as a strategic tool for quite some time, dating back to being used in fermentation of wine. The technological advancement in recent times in the field of biotechnology have brought to light various applications of biotechnology that can accelerate the Indian agriculture sector to greater heights.
At the 5th Annual Agri-Biotech India Summit 2021, we seek to establish a platform to facilitate a comprehensive dialogue on how biotechnology can be the key to developing sustainable agriculture, to eradicate myth with scientific evidence, Combining science with strategy.
Dr. Adarsha T.S
DGM – Agri Services and R&D
Dr. Appa Rao Podile
University of Hyderabad
Regional Research Director
Corteva Agriscience India Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Barathi N
Growmore Biotech Ltd.
Dr. Basavaprabhu L Patil
Principal Scientist – Agri Biotechnology
ICAR – Indian Institute of Horticulture Research (IIHR)
Dr. Debjani Saha
Group Product Manager – Genomics
Premas Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
Head Production – Vegetable Seeds
BASF India Ltd.
Dr. KBRS Visarda
Indian Institute of Millets Research
Dr. Monika Garg
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute
Dr. Muralidhar Acharya
Principal Agriculture Scientist
Dr. Praharaju Laxminarayana
Founder & Managing Director
AG Bio Systems Pvt. Ltd.
R S Ranjan
Privi Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
Enza Zaden India Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Saravanan Raj
Director (Agriculture Extension)
National Institute of Agriculture Extension Management (Manage)
Dr. Venkatesh Devanur
Agri Life, C/o. SOM Phytopharma (India) Ltd.
Dr. Vignesh Janakiraman
Timac Agro India Pvt. Ltd.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Sustainable agriculture and the role of biotechnology in shaping the future of agriculture in India
- Panel discussion - Decoding agri-tech post pandemic - the need for postmodern agriculture
- Application of CRISPR/Cas technology in crop improvement - next wave of revolution
- Bio-Fertilisers / stimulants: India's approach towards the sustainable vegetable production
- Innovating carbon sequestration potential of agroforestry system - Making carbon farming a reality
- Biopesticides in India and their role improving productivity and better standards of living
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Chief Executive Officers / Managing Directors
- Chiefs of Research & Development
- Heads of Biotechnology
- Chief Scientific Officers
- Heads of Regulatory Affairs
- Lead Biotechnologists
- Heads of Tissue Culture
- Heads of Sales & Marketing
- Heads of Strategic Alliances
FROM WHICH VERTICALS?
- Agriculture / Agribiotech
- Agritech Providers
- Seed Manufacturers
- Bio-Pesticides Manufacturers
- Bio-Fertilisers Manufacturers
- Crop Protection Companies
- Bio-fuel Manufactures